Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pillsbury Brownies only $0.20 at Kroger this week.


Kroger has Pillsbury cake mixes and brownies on sale this week for 10 for $10.  The selection of cake mixes were O.K. but the brownies were slim picken's.  There were only Family Size Milk Chocolate brownies included in the sale (that I saw).

As we were loading the buggy we saw our neighbors who live accross the street.  I would like to give them a shout out as she said she was going home and reading this blog.  When they saw us loading up the basket with 10 brownie mixes I think they considered calling Weight Watchers on us. 

A family of 3 certainly does not need all that brownie mix so let me clue you in on the plans for this find.  My wife is the children's ministry director at church and they are having a lock in to celebrate the end of summer.  This will certainly hit the spot about midnight with a cold glass of milk.  The leftover boxes will be donated to the church's kitchen I suppose.

Here is the scene:

Buy 10 - Pillsbury Boxed Brownie Mix, select varieties - $1.00
-Use 10 - .40/1 Pillsbury Frosting or Brownie Mix Coupon (6/12 RP)
 Final Price =  $0.20 each after double coupons - $2.00 for 10

I used 1 of the $2 catalina's I got from the Crest Toothpaste deal yesterday....so in reality...they were FREE!

4 comments:

  1. Please explain Catalina's!! We are totally clueless! Thanks, Cara and Toby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cara,

    The best explanation of catalina's can be found at this website. I do not think this comment will make it a link so copy and paste the following into your browser. Let me know if this helps... http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/other-coupons/18931-what-catalina-coupon.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, now we want to now how you keep track of all the coupons you have, how do you find what the one you are looking for when you are in the store??
    Toby

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the Sunday paper you will get SmartSource (SS), Redplum (RP) and Proctor and Gamble (PG). I purchase $20 newspapers every week. I take all of the SS coupons and bind them with a binder clip and label that clip....and so on with each coupon type. I store them on a shelf and only cut what I need when going shopping. I scope out the deals prior to shopping. The first month I did this I took a book and bought everything I thought was a good deal. Now, I basically only do the free items or those that are very cheap. You must plan before you go. I have sent a picture of my coupons storage to the email address I have on file for you.

    ReplyDelete